Spamalot - Shubert Theatre, New York

Reviews of all kinds go here Cinema, Film, Books, Music; you know it, review it!
BarcelonAl
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Spamalot - Shubert Theatre, New York

Post by BarcelonAl »

Thursday morning (14th June), I rocked up to the ticket box to see if they had any tickets available for the following nights' performance. Luckily they did, so I promptly handed over my cash with all the excitement of a four year old on Christmas morning!

I LOVE Monty Python, especially the films; The Holy Grail and Life of Brian are two of the greatest comedies ever to come out of Britain, nay the World (imo), so was uber excited to get to see this!

Was I disappointed? Does an African swallow migrate? Of course not, it was single-handedly the funniest thing I've seen on a stage in my life!

Written by Eric Idol and following the loose plot of the film, the songs and dialogue had me laughing and smiling for the whole 2 and a half hour performance. Ok, so it may not be the most thought provoking play on Broadway but who cares when you come out whistling 'Always Look on the Bright Side of Life'?

Definitely a 5S performance and mucho recommended. :D

I also quite fancied the look of this: Avenue Q, which is apparently also on in London. :
Nothing says "romance" like a kidnapped injured woman!