Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Reviews of all kinds go here Cinema, Film, Books, Music; you know it, review it!
mr_e
Master of the East Wind
Master of the East Wind

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Post by mr_e »

I really don't know how to describe this film. Visually it's good, with the occasional trippy bit. It stars Kate Winslet and Jim Carrey: she turns in a great performance, and he's not annoying at all. It's an alternative romance type thing, with some slightly strange chronology used in a most pleasing way, and some little sub-plots in there too. I really liked it: it's sometimes happy, funny and angry, but I came away smiling.

4S

My disclaimer is that I don't know if my rating will change on further viewings, it could grow on me a lot.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
My annual NYE song
Claire
Superior Master
Superior Master

Post by Claire »

I liked this film a lot when i saw it. i concur: 4S
The crazy gets claustrophobic!
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Spam Filter: Yes

Post by Mike »

I am sure we had another review of this one somewhere. . . not according to the search function though. I would concur with the above 4S on first watch dropping to 3S on the re-watch.
Mike
-------------------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk
Also see: http://www.dragonsfoot.org
mr_e
Master of the East Wind
Master of the East Wind

Post by mr_e »

I was sure we had a review already on here as well, I even searched about three times. Ho hum.

The real question is whether or not the film can stand up beyond the clever chronology, which of course loses its impact the second time it's viewed. I'm guessing from Mike's second rating that it doesn't, which is a shame, as it's really good in some respects.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
My annual NYE song