Eiffel Tower Competition Winner

Architecture, Research and Design. A place for everyone to chill out and look cool. Buildings, competitions, reviews? Post em all here.
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Spam Filter: Yes

Eiffel Tower Competition Winner

Post by Mike »

This design competition submission from Serero Architects that was to celebrate the anniversary of the Eiffel tower construction. The last image is very telling as it totally changes the perception of the tower from a distance. I like the way that they have suggested grafting to the existing structure without having to permanently alter it, I suppose it is also good to move the monument on into the 21st century so it can still be a usable structure.

The cgi is good and I hope the final image is just as powerful when completed. It will have to be a pretty raw structure to work.
Mike
-------------------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk
Also see: http://www.dragonsfoot.org
johnriley1uk
Master of the West Wind
Master of the West Wind

Re: Eiffel Tower Competition Winner

Post by johnriley1uk »

Interesting, and I think a design that for once retains the original feel of the structure whilst taking it forwards to meet current needs.

Buildings cannot remain untouched and unchanged for ever or they just become museums.

5s
Fez
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Re: Eiffel Tower Competition Winner

Post by Fez »

quite a sympathetic yet somehow dramatic change to an iconic structure. ive always liked the fact that when this symbol of paris was first opened it was branded an ugly eye-sore and seemed destinted to be torn down. strange how this same reaction is probably going to be made about the new changes from certain quarters of the fickle french public.
I came, I saw, I bought the T-shirt