Weird Dreams

The place for lots of totally unrelated chit chat!
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Spam Filter: Yes

Re: Weird Dreams

Post by Mike »

Okay, this topic has been dead for a while but my dream last night deserves posting!

Weirdly I was playing / running around near my old Secondary School (Bedford High). I ran after some friends who ran onto the main lawn in front of the lower school but I did not notice the barbed wire strewn all over the grass. I obviously got caught up in it and it took me ages to get out. I was rather annoyed so I went to complain at the Head.

There was more barbed wire outside the school entrance but I stepped over this one and smashed open the doors. I remember them booming loudly and the secretary looking very scared. Demanding to see the head I walked into a large school office and they timidly pointed at the door to the Head's apartment. I just walked in and started strongly shouting my irritation at this old head. He pushed me out of his house (understandable really) and into his office.

The old wrinkly man (with golf socks covering his ear lobes which were huge) proceeded to give me a massive slap. Even more annoyed I slapped him back and after a couple of times (him looking more astonished each time it happened) his muscle bound son / son in law burst into the room and threatened to knock me out if I did not leave.

After giving him a solid punch (well i hope so) I turned and ran out of the building getting caught in the barbed wire outside of the door. The muscle bound was really annoyed and threw himself out of the door at me, missed and landed on a big surface of barbed wire. I just remember laughing, stepping on the bwire and running off (I then woke about 45 minutes later than I should have!)

Yes, I know I am a freak. :-D
Mike
-------------------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk
Also see: http://www.dragonsfoot.org
BarcelonAl
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by BarcelonAl »

Well this is quite obviously all New York holiday related.

The running after friends bit relates to getting excited about going.

Getting caught in the barbed wire is all about our problems finding a hotel.

You smashing into the school relates to us biting the bullet and talking to the hotels direct.

The figure of authority you were shouting at was the guy you spoke to from the Affinia Hotel after someone else told us that fantastic offer ( :evil: Muppet!).

The muscle bound son was...er...the general naffness of the whole situation.

And finally the running away, laughing, etc. at the end is you looking towards the future and a successful outcome to our planning on Sunday!

Of course, you might just have had a weird dream!
Nothing says "romance" like a kidnapped injured woman!
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Personally I think I am fucked. . . . I was also freaked that I woke up so late. I am sure I set my alarm. . . managed to get into work on time which was amazing!
Mike
Andy
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Andy »

Mike wrote:I did not notice the barbed wire strewn all over the grass. I obviously got caught up in it and it took me ages to get out.
Damn it, the latest government initiative has been uncovered. We'd managed to pass it off as litter until now..... :roll:
Mike wrote:There was more barbed wire outside the school entrance but I stepped over this one and smashed open the doors.
Hey, the place isn't that bad! It pays my wage and I have an enjoyable time there and in fact, its really enjoyable compared to my other friends who are teachers in other schools around the area/country.
Mike wrote:I remember them booming loudly and the secretary looking very scared. Demanding to see the head I walked into a large school office and they timidly pointed at the door to the Head's apartment.
This is the point where your dreams actually defines insanity. I cannot imaging Mrs. Medling (no joke, that is the name of our bursar, I just love the irony) or Gill or Scouse actually looking scared. They don't. They are robots in disguise I tell you, emotionless women who prey on newblood/NQTs.
"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice." Bill Cosby
Fez
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Fez »

i have resserected this thread because...ive got nothing better to do, but last night i had a corker of a dream that made no sense at all yet still somehow had many interesting facets to follow:

talking to an old friend i dont recognise about the past, walking along a road surrounded by countryside and eventually i find myself alone. on returning in the direction i came, im aware something has radically changed; the landscape is the same but nothing feels right. the fields are suddenly full of quarantineed horses in chain-link enclosures while nervous farm hands attempt to treat them for some kind of fatal disease; the symptons involve a white discolouration of the animal's hide, especially round the hind legs, and a loss of co-ordination. a radio broadcast that seems to sound from directly inside my own head says horses are dying across the country and no one seems to know what has caused it. i venture away from the road into the countryside paths between the enclosures and watch a few animals suffering what at close quarters i can only compare to the news footage of mad cow disease.

my wandering takes me into town where i am astonished to find a row of student terraced houses looking exacting like the places i used to live in when at university, and am becoming aware that i seem to be in an earlier time than when i was with my friend from before. as to confirm this impression, he appears again looking younger and more 'studenty' and seems to readily except he saw me earlier but that this is not the same timeframe as before. seeming to relish the idea of reliving this earlier part of my own life, we explore the familiar terraced rows which are all in various states of disrepair but still inhabited by fellow students. eventually we arrive at a very familiar punk club i remember hanging out at on a regular basis and enjoy looking round and comparing what things would change in the future.

we met up with the rest of our friends, including most prominently a girl i am secretly in love with and there is an impression that in the future time-scale we are no longer friends for some unknown reason. i fall into some pointless conversations with her apparently enjoying the chance to speak on amicable terms before the group goes out on the town, by this time drunk or high. the dream ends with some of the people in a state of drunk/drug enduced paranoia and i join those who are still sober in trying to convince the others not to vandalise an external hotel lift in the shape of a castle...

follow all of that? i dont recongise the 'old friend' or have any idea what the thing with the horses was supposed to be about. further more, in reality i didn't live in student accomadation when at university, and this was before the days when i joined the punk scene - needless to say i have not been to a 'club' like that one in the dream but it felt so familiar. the girl i dont recognise at all which just seems to fit in with the general feeling of a life i remember fondly but that i have never in fact lived.
I came, I saw, I bought the T-shirt
mr_e
Master of the East Wind
Master of the East Wind

Post by mr_e »

I was considering digging this thread up as well, but you remember loads of your dream! I need to write mine down straight away or I've got no chance.

Last night I basically dreamt I was watching a police raid on some residential household. The police battered the front door down, but the occupants then came out and unexpectedly shot them. In some degree of graphic detail, and at point blank range. Sort of disturbing, especially as I usually maintain emotional distance more easily in my dreams but found myself slightly numb/ shocked in this case.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
My annual NYE song
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Last night I dreamt that I had started my new job and they were proudly showing me their apple macs on OS 9 with 4mb of ram and I was smiling politely on the outside and humouring them, I think this may be related to going back to XP at work. This obviously feels like a step back to OS9 or (by comparison) windows 98. . . :-0
Mike
liz.brownlloyd
Superior Master
Superior Master

Post by liz.brownlloyd »

Everytime I've had a long stressful period at uni / work I've had a period of nightmares afterwards. The nightmares are just fragments of what happened during that period, but surreally put together and always with everything going wrong. I never can remember the dreams in full but fragments come back to me during the day leaving me wondering whether the event I remember actually happened.

April was practically bad in work and after New York I had a couple of weeks of nightmares. Including being fired :roll: , a report growing legs and chasing me around the office :lol: , and conversations with Catherine about real pieces of work that had been done but an apolocalypse version :shock: .

Suppose that's my sub-conscience way of dealing with stress but f*cking weird all the same!
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

liz brown wrote:April was practically bad
Practically or particularly? :lol:
Mike
stimpsonslostson
Master of the North Wind
Master of the North Wind

Post by stimpsonslostson »

I had one last week where I dreamt I was watching a kids nature program on tv- I saw the whole 30min episode! Weird.
Thankfully I don't dream much at all (that I know of). As far as I'm aware I have about 1dream a month, because I usually don't dream I'm usually tired after a night where I have.

Bex however has the most vivid dreams I've ever heard of. (Frequently involving running or fighting if her movements are anything to go by).
I hate it when she dreams that we've argued- she'll be grumpy with me for a day or so just because her subconscious has told her to be! :roll:
p
HEY! HO! Lets go!