Important to remember on this board

The place for lots of totally unrelated chit chat!
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Spam Filter: Yes

Post by Mike »

TAOWBST wrote:Briefly related to such. I wonder do you know what the Yin Yang symbol represents,Mike?
Well. As far as I am aware the symbol is supposed to mean the following.
Outer black circle (not shown on my representation) is supposed to be everything. The back swirl in the circle represents dark emotions, feelings and actions and the white represents light emotions, feelings and actions. The impression of movement shows a pre-supposed balence in all things.
Mike
-------------------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk
Also see: http://www.dragonsfoot.org
Lizzie
Superior Master
Superior Master

Post by Lizzie »

Hello Taowbt (is that how you spell it ???)-

Have to admit I have insider info as to who you are !!!
mr_e
Master of the East Wind
Master of the East Wind

Post by mr_e »

Heh, I love the way this thread has evolved. Do you ever worry about potential employers finding it, Mike?
TAOWBST
Superior Master
Superior Master

Post by TAOWBST »

Mike wrote:
TAOWBST wrote:Briefly related to such. I wonder do you know what the Yin Yang symbol represents,Mike?
Well. As far as I am aware the symbol is supposed to mean the following.
Outer black circle (not shown on my representation) is supposed to be everything. The back swirl in the circle represents dark emotions, feelings and actions and the white represents light emotions, feelings and actions. The impression of movement shows a pre-supposed balence in all things.
Yeah I think its something like that. As far as I read, the black or Yin is pessimistic and everything bad. The white or Yang is optimistic and everything good. The patches of each in the opposite side, is to represent that nothing is completely yin or yang. That there is some good in every bad, and vice versa. The movement,as you say, represents the balance. Its closely related to Taoism.

Hi Lizzie. Its spelt TAOWBST. A bit wierd to pronounce, I know. I suspect you know me.
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Spam Filter: Yes

Post by Mike »

mr_e wrote:Heh, I love the way this thread has evolved. Do you ever worry about potential employers finding it, Mike?
I am not worried about potential employers, if they do see the site then they will probably think I am a well balenced individual (comparitively). I am worried that the funny farm people might be checking out the site and making lists though. . . .Thankfully they cannot commit people for web posting. Hopefully :(
Mike
-------------------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk
Also see: http://www.dragonsfoot.org
Fez
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Fez »

what makes you so sure?
I came, I saw, I bought the T-shirt
mr_e
Master of the East Wind
Master of the East Wind

Post by mr_e »

I've been trying to get him sectioned for years now. Still not worked. On a side note, it's really difficult to be sectioned under the mental health act, even if you go and slit your wrists or something.
Fez
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Fez »

if any of you are in doubt as to the importance of what is said on this site and the way ideas are expressed, i draw your attention to an unfortunate episode regarding religion that i was apart of. in a bid to start a discussion about a particular christian celebration, i unintentially upset a good number of my friends by being insensitive and apparently hostile because i had not thought about what it was i was writing before i hit "submit".

this site will always encourage intelligent debate and discussion, provided that personal ideas are expressed in an understanding fashion and that when commenting upon something someone else has written, you do so in a polite manner.
I came, I saw, I bought the T-shirt