Architecture School

Architecture, Research and Design. A place for everyone to chill out and look cool. Buildings, competitions, reviews? Post em all here.
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Spam Filter: Yes

Architecture School

Post by Mike »

A reality TV show showing a more fly on the wall documentary as twelve architecture students work on a project as part of their Design/Build Program at Tulane University's School of Architecture as they build a sustainable, design-forward home for a family returning to New Orleans.

This would be a fantastic model for all Architecture students. It would give them a full Architectural education and encourage creativity at the same time. Maybe we should try something like this in the UK.
Mike
-------------------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk
Also see: http://www.dragonsfoot.org
mr_e
Master of the East Wind
Master of the East Wind

Re: Architecture School

Post by mr_e »

Damn, that is cool. I missed the "build" part of the show at first: they actually have to (help) put the thing together! From the brief interview, it looks like the students learned a lot and had some trauma along the way. Good to see the house finally won most of the residents over after initial skepticism (shock of the new and all that).
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
My annual NYE song
Andy
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Re: Architecture School

Post by Andy »

Mike wrote:as they build a sustainable, design-forward home for a family returning to New Orleans.
I don't think there will be a big surge for it at the moment......but in a few weeks, who knows....

I think that another group should be set up to find a way to get the funding that Dubya removed back into the city.
"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice." Bill Cosby