Control

Reviews of all kinds go here Cinema, Film, Books, Music; you know it, review it!
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Spam Filter: Yes

Control

Post by Mike »

Control is a filmography regarding Ian Curtis the rather depressive lead singer of Joy Division a post punk (feel free to contradict me Fez!) formed in the late 1970's (wikipedia says 1976). The film follows his life from early teenage marriage to Deborah, his early life in the Employment Centre, formation of band Warsaw, metamorphosis to Joy Division (to avoid confusion with another band in London) and his eventual suicide.

The film was written by his Wife (who had been filing for divorce at the time of his death) and Matt Greenhalgh. It is a very touching film as you see him struggle to deal with an ever worsening epileptic condition, his dissolving marriage and affair. It is very well done and from photographs of the singer in the 70's and 80's the actor Sam Riley was well chosen to play Ian. 4s.

Not only was it a good film but it has inspired me to look up Joy Division on Wikipedia and to order the Best of Joy Division and The Best of New Order from Amazon.
Mike
-------------------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk
Also see: http://www.dragonsfoot.org
BarcelonAl
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Re: Control

Post by BarcelonAl »

Mike wrote:Not only was it a good film but it has inspired me to look up Joy Division on Wikipedia and to order the Best of Joy Division and The Best of New Order from Amazon.
Both good albums, though you do have to be in the mood for Joy Division more than New Order! I've not seen the film, though it is somewhere on my LoveFilm list, sounds like it's one for a dark, rainy Sunday afternoon in Manchester!

The chorus of 'Love will tear us apart' has even been turned into a United chant, 'Giggs will tear you apart'.
Nothing says "romance" like a kidnapped injured woman!