Stardust

Reviews of all kinds go here Cinema, Film, Books, Music; you know it, review it!
Claire
Superior Master
Superior Master

Stardust

Post by Claire »

Went to see this film last night, partly by way of avoiding trick or treaters. I thought it was excellent - amongst the best films I've seen this year. Well-cast and at times delightful (De Niro camps it up fabulously), it was also very funny. I suspect, however, that American audiences wouldn't laugh as much, or at the same parts. Although, as usually happens, me and Christine cracked up far more often than other cinema goers. The same happened with Knocked Up. We laughed like maniacs and everyone else just sort of chuckled. I digress.

There were some fabulous cameos, most notably for me, from David Walliams and Ricky Gervais. And some great one liners. Septimus: "What a freak!" and Michelle Pfeiffer: "Bollocks!" both delivered with aplomb.

Go see. 4S
The crazy gets claustrophobic!
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Spam Filter: Yes

Re: Stardust

Post by Mike »

Spoilers are contained in this post.

I loved this film, we watched it the other night. I loved it so much I will be buying this one asap. :idea:

It is a classic tale of worlds separated by a mystical wall with a hole in it, boy beats guardian and crosses wall, meets princess, they play tonsil tennis, boy leaves, baby arrives, baby grows up, baby beats wall guardian to chase down a falling star (for his crush), boy meets falling star, has an adventure, falls in love, becomes a king and lives happily ever after.

Lets be honest, who would not like this film?!
5S
Mike
-------------------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk
Also see: http://www.dragonsfoot.org
stimpsonslostson
Master of the North Wind
Master of the North Wind

Post by stimpsonslostson »

Lets be honest, who would not like this film?!
Your Dad from what he said on saturday morning!
p
HEY! HO! Lets go!
Fez
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Fez »

it sounds like a film where i would spend a concerted amount of time watching and trying to crawl my own eyes out. ive always felt my skin crawl when exposed to family films where children are the main characters, though considering i also cant stand children's literature either even when i was of an age for the target audience, i can only assume some there is some repressed trauma related to the whole 'family entertainment' genre. come to think of it i did laugh when bambi's mother died, in fact i felt kinda cheated she doesn't die on screen. what a jip!
I came, I saw, I bought the T-shirt
stimpsonslostson
Master of the North Wind
Master of the North Wind

Post by stimpsonslostson »

The baby concerned is about 20years old... his love interests being Claire Danes and Sienna Miller, so its not as bad as all that.
i did laugh when bambi's mother died

Glad its not just me! I got told off for sniggering and making enquiries about venison for dinner. :lol:
p
HEY! HO! Lets go!
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Spam Filter: Yes

Post by Mike »

Saw this film again tonight. It is still amazing and still deserves a 5s rating!!
Mike
-------------------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk
Also see: http://www.dragonsfoot.org
BarcelonAl
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by BarcelonAl »

Watched this yesterday evening and thought it was great. Perfect rainy Sunday viewing fodder.

4S
Nothing says "romance" like a kidnapped injured woman!