Scammers - I Hate Them!

The place for lots of totally unrelated chit chat!
BarcelonAl
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Scammers - I Hate Them!

Post by BarcelonAl »

Just had 'Raj' from BT on the phone, apparently my account is in danger of being cancelled for outgoing calls due to a payment iregularity. He then said my line had now been terminated and would prove it by hanging up and for me to try to place a call and he would then ring back and we'd sort out the payment.

Stuff that! What they do is not disconnect the call so you CAN'T make another call. He's tried ringing back twice and I've cut him off. I've also just rung my parents and spoke to my Dad so they can eff off to the seventh level of hades and let the devil himself put his pointy fork up their asses if they think I'm giving out my payment details...feckers!

:evil:
Nothing says "romance" like a kidnapped injured woman!
Lizzie
Superior Master
Superior Master

Re: Scammers - I Hate Them!

Post by Lizzie »

Gaaah, what's most annoying is that these scammers think you're so moronic you'd fall for that !!!!
Andy
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Andy »

If you're older and more vulnerable like my gran then you probably would become a victim to the scam. Let's understand the facts with her, technology has moved far too fast for her to keep up with it at 83 and she loves her phone as it keeps her connected with her friends.
"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice." Bill Cosby
BarcelonAl
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by BarcelonAl »

Yeah, they just want to prey of those members of society who are a little more vulnerable than we are. :evil:

I'd actually heard about this scam a few months ago (perks of working for BT) but even still, would never have given my details out over the phone. If, as they suggested, a direct debit had failed, then I'd expect my bank to contact me first.

I was almost tempted to talk to them when they rang back, but then realised that this would just have wasted my time as much as the scammer and frankly couldn't be bothered!
Nothing says "romance" like a kidnapped injured woman!