iPod Touch 4

Reviews of all kinds go here Cinema, Film, Books, Music; you know it, review it!
mr_e
Master of the East Wind
Master of the East Wind

iPod Touch 4

Post by mr_e »

So... as the tech specs show, it's a slimmer version of the iPhone. Slimmer because it has no phone, no GPS, no mobile internet (only WiFi), no digital compass and a lower resolution camera.

It's my first real experience with an Apple product, and I'm impressed. The retina display is stunning (you can watch DVD quality movies at full resolution and internet browsing is a lot easier) and the keyboard works well, even with my chunky fingertips. Everything is very slick. I'd now consider an iPhone if I moved to a contract phone.

The only downfall in some respects is having to use iTunes, but that's a different issue.

4s - purely because it isn't an iPhone.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
My annual NYE song
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Spam Filter: Yes

Re: iPod Touch 4

Post by Mike »

That's a bit weird marking it down because it isn't another product!! I haven't really used an iPod Touch so I can't comment. I guess it would be as good as the iPhone in terms of apps, music and video. :-D As I bet you can guess I love my iPhone. It is one of the best technology buys i have ever made.
Mike
-------------------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk
Also see: http://www.dragonsfoot.org
mr_e
Master of the East Wind
Master of the East Wind

Re: iPod Touch 4

Post by mr_e »

I did think it might seem a little harsh, but if someone was on a contract phone they may as well not bother with this and get an iPhone instead as there's a fair bit of function overlap. Without 3G some of the apps are limited in their use slightly too. Maybe the rating reflects some degree of iPhone envy on my part?

For someone with a pay as you go phone it's brilliant, I'm kind of scared to take it out of the house though!

Have had a proper play around with the text editing side of things, and it works well - love the little magnifying glass.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
My annual NYE song