Falling Down

Reviews of all kinds go here Cinema, Film, Books, Music; you know it, review it!
Fez
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Falling Down

Post by Fez »

weird, just the other night at pool i was saying to hibbert i felt like michael douglas in that film...what was it called? friday evening it was on; falling down or office worker goes nuts.

in one of the only films with michael douglas i think i've ever liked, he plays an office worker whose wife has left him and he's just been sacked. as he walks through the city wondering what the hell to do with his life he snaps when two gangmembers try to steal his briefcase. it only has an apple and a sandwich in it, but this is a push too far and he goes ape at these two knife-weilding thugs and scares them off. they return for a driveby shooting to get revenge and manage to kill lots of bystanders and then crash around the next bend. uninjured, douglas takes their guns shoots the only survivor and goes off across the city to find his wife. the set pieces that follow as he looses his mental grip are fascinating, especially as its the mundame shit we all have to put up with that slowly allow him to completely fall apart.

great stuff 4S
I came, I saw, I bought the T-shirt