Monster-in-Law

Reviews of all kinds go here Cinema, Film, Books, Music; you know it, review it!
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Spam Filter: Yes

Monster-in-Law

Post by Mike »

This is the film we went to see last night. I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised. This film was well written and directed by the same person that did Legally Blond. Not only that but it was funny - always a good thing when it is a comedy I know.

J.Lo was an interesting choice for the lead role. I would not say she shone as an actress. Her style was rather wooden characture of a lovely nice person - I dont think she identified well with the character.

Jane Fonder was excellent though. In my opinion Jane and Wanda Sykes stole the show. They were funny, timing was excellent and gave a fantastic performace. Jane Fonder's scenes with J.Lo brought something more from J.Lo to make her acting alot more credable.

The lead man had the same nice, understanding and puppy dogged experssion factory look as the lead man in legally blond and is not really worth a mention.

Overall I though this film was quite entertaining and funny which leads me to give a rating of:
4S

Please note: I generally rate comedies higher than other types of film. I love it when a film makes me laugh.
Mike
-------------------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk
Also see: http://www.dragonsfoot.org
Lizzie
Superior Master
Superior Master

Post by Lizzie »

I enjoyed this film too !! Although in fairness I'm a sucker for a happy ending so it's probably not much of a recommendation !!!
mr_e
Master of the East Wind
Master of the East Wind

Post by mr_e »

I'll give it three and a half stars. At least with an average comedy, you're going to get a few laughs out of it, as opposed to Kingdom of Heaven. J-Lo does suck, though. It's like she's afraid of ever being nasty in any of her roles.