Guide To Horror: Hellraiser

Reviews of all kinds go here Cinema, Film, Books, Music; you know it, review it!
Fez
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Guide To Horror: Hellraiser

Post by Fez »

the film that gave birth to the seminal horror villians Pinhead and the cenobites, this is a stylised 80s film revolving around a chinese puzzle box that it would be best advised not to try and solve. the sound track and fashion make it easily dateable, but the grusome special effects still hold up well and aren't for the faint hearted. the rebirth of the bad guy frank is particually realistic and his death by being pulled apart by fish hooks will turn you off going fishing forever. probably the best horror film of its decade and spawned several sequals which inevitably descend in quality the further from the original they get.

4S
I came, I saw, I bought the T-shirt
Andy
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Andy »

it freaked me out in places when i watched it a few years back. I have a copy of it somewhere in the loft that may require me to view again.

I agree with you
4S

I don't recall having seen any of the remakes but then again, I tend to steer clear of them.
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Spam Filter: Yes

Post by Mike »

I don't think that I want to see this film! It might be good to try and watch it for the filmy greatness but then again, I don't really like the gore that much.

I can not remember which film it is, but the lead actor gets his ankles broken by his kidnapper. Gross. Really freaked me out and I think I walked really tenderly for 2 days, feeling the non-existent pain of the actor I think!
Mike
-------------------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk
Also see: http://www.dragonsfoot.org
Fez
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Fez »

you wont like what frank does to his victims in this then - thankfully the cenobites more than even the score and they know more about torture than he does.
I came, I saw, I bought the T-shirt
Mark Scollon
Brother
Brother

Post by Mark Scollon »

The film you're talking about sounds like "Misery", Mike. The book is considerably worse.
The Baldiff
Andy
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Andy »

We have a thread for that as well.

I bet he wished he'd put the penguin the right way round.