Top 50 Games

A place to meet and chat about the gaming world.
mr_e
Master of the East Wind
Master of the East Wind

Post by mr_e »

Would now be a really bad time to confess that I found Tetris pretty boring? Super Monkey Ball must be kind of cool: how can you go wrong with monkeys?
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
My annual NYE song
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Spam Filter: Yes

Post by Mike »

Tetris was okay but not one of my top 50 it must be said. I really started to get annoyed by the clone games that it spawned though. :roll:
Mike
-------------------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk
Also see: http://www.dragonsfoot.org
Fez
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Fez »

mr_e wrote:how can you go wrong with monkeys?
pretty damn wrong after feeding time at chester zoo and they started throwing shit at people. pretty funny though!

and neither of you like tetris? you're just whores to the bang bang kill kill bright lights mentality
I came, I saw, I bought the T-shirt
Andy
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Andy »

Tetris was a good logic game and probably the most fun to play of that type, IMHO. However, it was bloody boring up until level 11/12 after a bit and then, lets face it, it got impossible at about level 20 because they came down so fast you couldn't move them quick enough. The B-type games were the best, especially Level 9 High 5 although the winning sequence of the musicians, the plane and 'congratulations' across the screen was quite lame.
mr_e
Master of the East Wind
Master of the East Wind

Post by mr_e »

Fez wrote:and neither of you like tetris? you're just whores to the bang bang kill kill bright lights mentality
Nope, I just like something more sophisticated. I mean, there's a difference between a good game and just being lulled into some kind of hypnotic boredom-induced trance by it, which is what I felt about Tetris. Actually, I feel that about a lot of computer games now, which is partly why I try to avoid them.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
My annual NYE song
Fez
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Fez »

yeah, some of them try to be so 'real' now you start thinking i could go outside and do this on the street - though grand theft auto probably wouldn't be a good choice.
I came, I saw, I bought the T-shirt
TAOWBST
Superior Master
Superior Master

Post by TAOWBST »

Andy wrote:Zelda : Occarina of Time
This game has to be in there because it was absolutely fan-chuffing-tastic. It was so good it was untrue. The updated version for the GameCube is good as well but somewhat lacks the amazing strides the first one took.

Pacman should be in there for influentialism but probably won't be.
I think they did quite a good job on the Gamecube version of Ocarina Of Time. It only looks so bad now in comparison with its N64 version because of a) the technology used at the time and b) the fact it is overshadowed so much by The Wind Waker.

The re-done version of Metal Gear on the Gamecube is a similar story - only it isn't really overshadowed by anything, (since all the others are on PS2).
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Spam Filter: Yes

Post by Mike »

I really want a Formula 1 racing game to come out on the Wii. Sort of thing you can play several seasons and get statistics for your Mii sort of game. It would be soooooo coooooool! :D
Mike
-------------------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk
Also see: http://www.dragonsfoot.org