Spiderman 3

Reviews of all kinds go here Cinema, Film, Books, Music; you know it, review it!
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Spam Filter: Yes

Spiderman 3

Post by Mike »

The third installment of our favourite genetic mutant. The hero of New York City starts off on a real high with the girl, the fans and a great job. Things go very badly for our masked hero when a black blob of goo falls out of the sky and corrupts.

The good were some great jokes and great moments of comedy including a Saturday Night Fever sort of sketch.

The bad included a very poor love story with very unconvincing set of lovers.

We saw this film on the opening weekend, there were lots of people in the theater with made the area very, very hot. Kids were running around like fools to the toilet every half hour (which given the top of the stairs seat was a bit distracting). Lizzie, Chris and Al suffered from a friendly neighbor with uber farting. . . . All in all I would rate this film a

3S
Mike
-------------------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk
Also see: http://www.dragonsfoot.org
mr_e
Master of the East Wind
Master of the East Wind

Post by mr_e »

Well, there were possibly five funny scenes in the entire film, and the best actor was the girl playing the landlord's daughter. It's generic action film cinema fodder, although done very well. Consequently, it has absolutely no replay value at all for me, so it gets:

3S

Also, the top row in a full cinema is indeed far too hot, a nice reminder of all those "hot air rises" science lessons. I'm also going to stop calling Kirsten Dunst snaggletooth, it seems a bit cruel, even using the ladies' "celebrities are fair game" logic.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
My annual NYE song
Claire
Superior Master
Superior Master

Post by Claire »

Celebrities ARE fair game, John! especially the Dunst...slag her off at will. i mean...what kind of freak dums Jake Gyllenhaal? I could hold that alone against her for at least another 6 months! Oh...i suppose the film was alright. i liked the message of forgiveness at the end.
The crazy gets claustrophobic!
mr_e
Master of the East Wind
Master of the East Wind

Post by mr_e »

Oh, she dated him in real life as well? Mixing work and pleasure. Tut tut.

Looking at the age of some of the kids in there, I'm not convinced all of them would've picked up on some of the moral themes running through it. Then again, maybe I should give kids more credit.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
My annual NYE song
BarcelonAl
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by BarcelonAl »

I enjoyed this for what it was, a 'leave your brain at the door' film. The action scenes were impressive and the visual effects were excellent.

It sadly suffered from a little too much bloat in the way of the crappy love story and the woefully unfunny (and frankly, vomit inducing) dancing in the street sequence...that shouldn't even have made it to a dvd extra!

I would give it a 3S.
Nothing says "romance" like a kidnapped injured woman!