Hairspray

Reviews of all kinds go here Cinema, Film, Books, Music; you know it, review it!
Lizzie
Superior Master
Superior Master

Hairspray

Post by Lizzie »

I saw this film last night, and was most impressed. The synopsis is as follows:

Tracy Turnblad (Nikki Blonsky), an overweight teenager with all the right moves, is obsessed with the Corny Collins Show. Every day after school, she and her best friend Penny (Amanda Bynes)run home to watch the show and drool over the hot Link Larkin (Zac Efron), much to Tracy's mother Edna's (John Travolta) dismay. After one of the stars of the show leaves, Corny Collins (Jason Marsden) holds auditions to see who will be the next person on the Corny Collins show. With all of the help of her friend Seaweed (Elijah Kelly), Tracy makes it on the show, angering the evil dance queen Amber Von Tussle (Brittany Snow) and her mother Velma (Michelle Pfieffer). Tracy then decides that it's not fair that the black kids can only dance on the Corny Collins Show once a month, and with the help of Seaweed, Link, Penny, Motormouth Maybelle (Queen Latifah), her father (Christopher Walken) and Edna, she's going to integrate the show.....without denting her 'do! (Sorry to copy!! - they said it better than I could).

I thoroughly enjoyed this, it was fun and entertaining the whole way through. I have to say I was most impressed with Queen Latifah, who was as good as she was in Chicago and is proving to be an exceptional musical actress !!

4S
liz.brownlloyd
Superior Master
Superior Master

Heh

Post by liz.brownlloyd »

I'll pass that onto Sian as she's quite interested in seeing it. I suspect I may be going with her.

May try and encourage her onto the forums and I think Mike has her on his favourites on facebook. Would be cool!
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Spam Filter: Yes

Post by Mike »

She would be more than welcome!
Mike
-------------------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk
Also see: http://www.dragonsfoot.org