doctor strangelove

Reviews of all kinds go here Cinema, Film, Books, Music; you know it, review it!
Fez
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

doctor strangelove

Post by Fez »

at the height of the cold war, a maverick american general [sterling hayden] decides to end the stalemate by ordering his nuclear b52’s to bomb their targets inside russia, believing his actions will force the government to push for all out demolition of the enemy’s own nuclear deterrent. as the bombers close in led by a texan cowboy pilot [slim pickens], the president [peter sellers] desperately tries to negotiate with the drunken russian premier, hampered by his own gung-ho chief of staff [george c scott] and not necessarily supported by his ex-nazi nuclear adviser doctor strangelove [also played by sellers].

this film is black comedy genius that still has disturbing ramifications for today’s nuclear powered politics of intimidation. kubric’s moody black and white scenes give an extra dimension to the perfect performances, particularly of the always excellent sellars and george c scott, and the one liners are killer; ‘gentlemen, you can’t fight in here – this is the war room!’

a masterpiece 5S
I came, I saw, I bought the T-shirt
Andy
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Andy »

Well, I'll get straight to the point - Watch it.

5S
"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice." Bill Cosby