tigerland

Reviews of all kinds go here Cinema, Film, Books, Music; you know it, review it!
Fez
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

tigerland

Post by Fez »

a platoon of american recruits go through the rigors of training to be soldiers prior to being shipped off to vietnam. although well acted by the likes of colin farrell with good direction to create the intense atmosphere of fear and bravery, this isn't anything new and was done better in kubrick's classic full metal jacket and a dozen other films concerned with the american fixation with military morality tales; jarhead, mash and good morning vietnam to name but a few. there are the usual stock set of characters common to all post-vietnam war films; the hard-ass sergeant, the hero who rages against authority, the nut job, coward and the pyscho. it doesn't really get into the real detail of the conflict either and lacks the emotional range, brutality and humour of those previously mentioned titles. still worth watching if only to see farrell dominate the screen with the confused loyalty of his soldier character 3s
I came, I saw, I bought the T-shirt