This week I've mostly...

Reviews of all kinds go here Cinema, Film, Books, Music; you know it, review it!
stimpsonslostson
Master of the North Wind
Master of the North Wind

This week I've mostly...

Post by stimpsonslostson »

With Bex away I've been indulging in DVD watching and music listening (plus playing Tiger Woods)...
So- Movies
Borat 3s . Not as riotously funny as I'd hoped, but another fine example of how stupid and easily lead americans can be. The whole premise seems to be act dumb and let them show themselves up. Some classic moments, but some misses.
Tigerland 3s . Fez already covered this, I didn't like it as much as...
Jarhead 4s War may be hell, but boredom is worse. I enjoyed the tale of young marines waiting to see action in Iraq and killing more time than enemies. Nothing much happens, but thats the point!
Mean Creek 5s I tend to like indie flicks, this is no exception- One of the Culkin brothers puts in a good performance, I think I'd liken it to Stand by Me in tone, its all about teenagers getting to know each other.
Brick 4s another indie, Joseph Gordon-Levitt tries to recieves a distressed call from his ex girlfriend and tries to unravel the web of what has happened to her. VERY noir, the language is heavily influenced by slang but once you get used to it I think this is a rewarding film.
Last King of Scotland 5s The fictional account of life in Ide Amins Uganda. Its all roses on the surface, but as the rulers paranoia comes to the fore things unravel in spectacular style. Unsetting but very good movie.

Music DVDs
Billy Talent- Live 666 4s
A comprehensive live double DVD and single CD set, awesome live band tearing through their back catalogue. My only criticisms are 2DVDs 1CD and only 18 different tracks! Billy Talent are good, but only have 2 albums so theres a lack of depth. Still good tho!
Ramstein- Volkerball 5s
Ramstein! Live! This is probably the best live DVD I've ever seen. Flame throwers, pyrotechnics, explosions and some of the best industrial metal ever written being performed in glorious 5.1surround!

P
HEY! HO! Lets go!