Booze

Reviews of all kinds go here Cinema, Film, Books, Music; you know it, review it!
stimpsonslostson
Master of the North Wind
Master of the North Wind

Booze

Post by stimpsonslostson »

Following Fez tiping us off about polish beer in Aldi...
A thread for everyone to share their tips on good drink.
We often have a good bottle of wine and promptly forget what it was- so share your favourites here.

On the subject of beers, I'm a member of the Beer Club of Great Britain... I get a crate of speciality beers every couple of months. Its a bit expensive (£40 for 24 pint bottles) but the beers are almost always really good.
Staw Dog 4s A light straw colored beer with lovely caramel tones. Easy drinking.

My tip for a good lager- Asahi (Japan) 5s Tesco sell it. Is worth checking out- its a really dry lager. Chilled its possibly too easy to drink! Bex accidentally bought Asahi Black a while ago- it has a really strong licorice (sp??) taste which coats your tongue but once you get used to it it tastes amazing. 4s -I knocked one off because it IS weird and Bex didn't like it!

P
HEY! HO! Lets go!
Fez
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Re: Booze

Post by Fez »

stimpsonslostson wrote:Following Fez tiping us off about polish beer in Aldi...
while i would like to take the credit the aldi discovery it was in fact andy who noticed the polish beer section at the supermarket, i merely consumed vast quantities of it while in krakow. still, nice to know i can now get trashed on ockocim here as well :-D
I came, I saw, I bought the T-shirt
Andy
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Andy »

Fez wrote:while i would like to take the credit the aldi discovery it was in fact andy who noticed the polish beer section at the supermarket,
Thanks, I now know how Christopher Columbus felt. Well, sort of....
Fez wrote:still, nice to know i can now get trashed on ockocim here as well :-D
Okocim is bloody fantastic stuff! Really nice to drink. Potent stuff though.
"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice." Bill Cosby
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Spam Filter: Yes

Post by Mike »

Will have to try it. . . I feel a continental beer party feeling coming on. Its sort of like a friday night feeling but on Monday mornings! :-D
Mike
-------------------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk
Also see: http://www.dragonsfoot.org