Great TV

The place for lots of totally unrelated chit chat!
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Spam Filter: Yes

Great TV

Post by Mike »

Gavin and Stacey is a tidy little comedy just finished on BBC3. It was the last episode today and there was a brilliant scene where Gavin and Smithy are running down a hospital corridor to get to the birth of Smithy and Ness's love child. Half way down the corridor they both suddenly slip and fall over, it was a genius comedy moment. 5s

Pushing up Daisy's is the other bit of great TV on at the moment and has just started on ITV. The premiss is that the Pie Maker is able to touch dead people and bring them back to life. The down side is two fold. One - if he touches them again, they die. Two - if he does not touch them within 60 seconds then someone else in the general vicinity will die instead. In the first episode he saves his child hood sweet heart, she stays alive and he is now in a tortured relationship where they can not touch but are falling in love. In addition to that the Pie Maker and his business partners are now going around trying to solve murders and reap the rewards offered. It is shot and narrated in the style of Amelie (the French film) and is very classy. 5s (well, so far anyway. I think there have been two episodes thus far).

Dexter as well is the third in the series, this is the story about a serial killer who reaps social justice on those who are beyond the persecution of the law. Very tidy little series and very complex. It started off as a good premiss and is slipping slightly as it becomes overly complicated in terms of the plot. Still, it keeps us entertained, no diggedy, no doubt. 4s.
Mike
-------------------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk
Also see: http://www.dragonsfoot.org
BarcelonAl
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Re: Great TV

Post by BarcelonAl »

Interestingly, ITV have cocked up with Pushing Dasies as they've realised that the series has more episodes than the timespan they alloted it (which they can't extend due to their Euro 2008 commitments)! Last Saturday's episode was actually the third in the series (episode 2 was apparently just a bunch of flashbacks).
Nothing says "romance" like a kidnapped injured woman!
Claire
Superior Master
Superior Master

Post by Claire »

Must see TV = The apprentice and - hooraaaaaaaay - Heroes is back on Thursday. if there were girls on this forum i'd ask if any of them saw Milo Ventimiglia (cool name) on the BAFTAs last night? ;-) But, hey, you're all blokes, so i won't.
The crazy gets claustrophobic!
stimpsonslostson
Master of the North Wind
Master of the North Wind

Post by stimpsonslostson »

So which hero would you be? No picking Peter- thats cheating- its like picking superman, he can do everything.
I think I'm going with Hiro- time travel and teleportation would be cool. (With Nathan being a close second- flying, every boys dream?)
p
HEY! HO! Lets go!
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Spam Filter: Yes

Post by Mike »

Hiro for sure. Else that crazy phyco gal, now that would be funny - except being a lady that is. . . ;-)
Mike
-------------------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk
Also see: http://www.dragonsfoot.org
BarcelonAl
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by BarcelonAl »

I'm going down the Hiro route as well...although as you say, being able to fly would kick ass as well!
stimpsonslostson
Master of the North Wind
Master of the North Wind

The Apprentice...
I only watch it to see yuppies suffer, but OH MY GOD WHAT IDIOTS!
Tonights task: devise greetings cards for a "new" event.. Eid seemed to be a great plan (but got shot down in flames), so they chose Save the Environment week cards. As a bit of an ecomentallist I tend not to buy cards because they aren't eco friendly. (Plus a pint costs the same and is FAR better!)
The others went for National Singles Day, just before valentines day

Show's just ended, one team spent 3hours arguing about where the apostrophe goes in singles! But the tree huggers lost :-D . So anyone got a favourite yet? I REALLY dislike Jenny (redhead)- just because she seems to bully everyone, Alex- because he shirks all responsibility and Lee- because he can be unnecessarily aggressive (not that I'm against aggression per se ;-) ) I don't want any of em to win, well maybe Raef, but thats coz he's hilariously posh.
They make my blood boil sometimes! I say fire (or better, shoot) em all
p
HEY! HO! Lets go!
Andy
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Andy »

I really liked Dafyd, sorry Kevin, because he was so unbelievably funny to watch when he squirmed.

Alex = crap. All he does is moan. Slightly funny though.
Sara = undermined but I like her. She should stick up for herself because eventually her team won't let her lead.
Raef = really want to punch him when he talks but is slightly good at the mo.
Claire = bitch. But I agree with her on a lot of things. Still a bitch though. I thought that about The Badger though and she was just ace in the end.
Lucinda = sack the stylist
Lee = wtf is he on? crack? the man just goes mental over anything!
Jenny = I hate her pursed smile and I think she is false. Cute accent though. Possible winner if she isn't picked to be a pm in the next few weeks.
Michael = Far, far, far too aggressive.
Helene = ''Well Jerry, I was born a man.....'' nuff said.

Now for the real star of the show.
Margaret! - I'd have her on my team any day. She has class, sophistication and eyes like daggers that could cut an opponent in shreds. Give this lady her own show.
"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice." Bill Cosby
stimpsonslostson
Master of the North Wind
Master of the North Wind

land of the jaguar... awesome nature show about an expedition to the jungles of south america.
They cover the nature, but also the difficulties in getting around and the logistical nightmares they faced.
get on iplayer and watch the climb up to a flat mountain top! HOLY SH1T! Then one of em falls off! Suspended 250m up on a rope.

I've been loving this show so far. I'd love to do this stuff for a living.
p
HEY! HO! Lets go!
BarcelonAl
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by BarcelonAl »

Hopefully my folks have been recording this series (they both fall asleep through interesting programmes, so there's a very real chance!), that way I'll be able to occupy myself Saturday afternoon with a nature-fest instead of doing something useful like cleaning the car or something!
stimpsonslostson
Master of the North Wind
Master of the North Wind

Get your iplayers on!
Olympic track cycling has started! One race, one GB set world record! This could be good!
YAY!
P
HEY! HO! Lets go!
Andy
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Andy »

It was a good time-trial fine that is for sure for obvious reasons! It promises to be an interesting weekend of sport with some decent bets for GB medals. Woot! The rowing and sailing in particular look promising and the cycling and swimming has interesting possibilities. The rest of the athletics also makes for an absolute feast of quality sporting entertainment.
"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice." Bill Cosby