Sex and the City Movie

Reviews of all kinds go here Cinema, Film, Books, Music; you know it, review it!
Lizzie
Superior Master
Superior Master

Sex and the City Movie

Post by Lizzie »

Ok, so I know I'm a bit of a loser for being excited enough to see this on the opening night but I think I'm probably not alone in this !!

This film was quite different to the tv series in that my personal opinion is that it is not quite as witty or clever (alot of the laughs are more slap stick than I am used to in the tv series) although there were some laugh out loud funny moments. Having said that, the film allowed alot more empathy with the characters- and I feel was alot more heart felt than the tv series which made up for some of the shortcomings. I felt genuinely emotional at some points in the film and overall thoroughly enjoyed this film.

My main criticism is that if you have seen the trailer (and have half a brain cell) then there are no surprises in the film, as it pretty much gives away the whole plot- which is a real shame.

4s

I really hope though that they don't do a sequel though- I would struggle to see what else they can do with this now other re-hash what's already been done. I think the time has come to say goodbye to Carrie, Charlotte, Miranda and Samantha once and for all.
liz.brownlloyd
Superior Master
Superior Master

Re: Sex and the City Movie

Post by liz.brownlloyd »

I found the movie throughly enjoyable and so did John (if the guffawing was anything to go by)!

However I think they could have just made a new series, as the film felt like five or six episodes dealing with different storylines with a common theme running throughout. I suppose the film made the girls more money! I think a series would have been able to give a little more time to explain certain plotlines and involve the full cast of characters rather than having cameo roles with the likes of Harry and Gerard.

My last whinge requires people to have seen the film. ;-) I didn't like the leap between the emotional and the slapstick in Charlotte's role at the wedding (hopefully obscure enough not to give any plot away). Did anyone else feel the same way?

I did enjoy watching it and I will buy the DVD, but I prefered the series as it provided more depth to the fab lives of Carrie, Charlotte, Miranda and Sam. I agree with Lizzie that it is time to say goodbye to the four girls and the ever handsome Mr Big.