hellboy: the golden army

Reviews of all kinds go here Cinema, Film, Books, Music; you know it, review it!
Fez
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

hellboy: the golden army

Post by Fez »

in the first hellboy film released in 2004, the american government employed daemon saved the world from occult obsessed nazis trying to open a portal into another dimension. it was perfect popcorn fodder with lots of action and funny dialogue courtesy of ron pearlman in the gleefully played lead role, and ably assisted by the show stopping selma blair who looked gorgeous in every scene.

unfortunately, business problems stopped this sequel appearing sooner, but it repeats the success of the original with all the plus points from above intact, though this time a pretty pissed off elf prince [played by luke goss who was the uber vampire in blade and used to be in the pop band bros] is attempting to destroy humanity by releasing an army of indestructible killing machines. it isn’t just big dumb fun, though doesn’t tax the brain too much either, and it has enough humour to satisfy anyone who found batman a bit too intense;

‘beer? i can’t drink, my body is a temple.’
‘well, now its an amusement park. drink up.’

5s
I came, I saw, I bought the T-shirt
stimpsonslostson
Master of the North Wind
Master of the North Wind

Re: hellboy: the golden army

Post by stimpsonslostson »

what he said.
4s

p