Freeview +

The place for lots of totally unrelated chit chat!
hazel
Brother
Brother

Freeview +

Post by hazel »

[Hello all has any one had any experience of this new gadget where like virgin and sky you can pause live Tv and rewind it too? We have a normal freeview box and get an ok variety of chanels, does the new one come with more and is it very expensive?? Any thoughts xx :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Spam Filter: Yes

Re: Freeview +

Post by Mike »

Don't know about Freeview + but the Sky+ is very good. It has freed us from a TV schedule, you pick your favourite programmes, they automatically record and then you just choose when to watch them. Ace. :-D
Mike
-------------------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk
Also see: http://www.dragonsfoot.org
hazel
Brother
Brother

Post by hazel »

The only trouble for us is that sky charge a hell of alot installation charge and for the box etc and so do virgin and then you pay each month whereas freeview is free after the initial first payment :shock:
BarcelonAl
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by BarcelonAl »

Have you got a BT Broadband line? If so have a look at BT Vision as you don't need anything extra other than the box they send you.
Nothing says "romance" like a kidnapped injured woman!
stimpsonslostson
Master of the North Wind
Master of the North Wind

Post by stimpsonslostson »

Bambi and I have btvision and are suitably impressed. It does exactly what it says on the tin- its just a freeview version of sky+. Easy to install (you just run a ethernet cable from your homehub to the btvision box connect the scart to the TV and you're off!) It uses the net to get tv listings and also to allow you to access an on demand service with movie rentals and other programmes to watch whenever you want - for a small fee, we rented Goldeneye and it cost us £1.99 for 24hrs and played without a hitch.

My only criticism is the frequent updates (which I believe sky+ was plagued with initially too) requiring you to reboot your system every so often- they VERY occaisionally mean that you MIGHT miss a recording if you've not rebooted (only really likely if you've not watched tv for a week or so- which happens to us from time to time.)
overall I like it, especially that since we're btbroadband customers it doesn't really cost us anything extra.
p
HEY! HO! Lets go!
hazel
Brother
Brother

Post by hazel »

Thats really helpful thanks I didnt ven realise you could get that but we are on BT so shall look into it x ;-)