Opinions Please

A meeting ground for photographic discussions. Post all about your equipment, favourite locations, tips and tricks here.
BarcelonAl
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Opinions Please

Post by BarcelonAl »

Hi,

I'm a member of an online forum for guitarist types and there are a few hobby photographers on there who decided to have a little competition based on this fact.

Simply put, the rules are that the photos have to represent a given theme and have to be taken within the two-week timespan of that particular competition. After this time, they are publicly voted on for a couple of days, with the winner choosing the next theme.

Now bear in mind that a good few of these guys are camera nuts, and I only currently have a little 8.5Mb Casio EX-Z850 point-and-shoot, but I thought I'd have a go anyway. Mainly as it got me out of the house (not very far as it turns out!) and thinking a little creatively.

The inaugural theme was: Distressed.

This was my entry: Image

...and I won! :-D

So, photography types on here...what do you think?

p.s. Anyone recognise the location?
Nothing says "romance" like a kidnapped injured woman!
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Spam Filter: Yes

Re: Opinions Please

Post by Mike »

I don't recognise the location but I really like the photograph. It is very monumental with good receeding lines and nicely captured 'distressed' sign! Congrats Al, I bet you are pretty pleased. :-D

Edit, it sort of looks like the alleyways near my house. They have rusty old signs like that. I suspect it is much closer to you though!
Mike
-------------------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk
Also see: http://www.dragonsfoot.org
BarcelonAl
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by BarcelonAl »

Yeah I am chuffed, especially given that some of the other's were of a really good standard.

The location is VERY close to me, I suspect stimpsonslostson will get it!
liz.brownlloyd
Superior Master
Superior Master

Post by liz.brownlloyd »

Cool! Looks like a band album. Retro indie perhaps?
BarcelonAl
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by BarcelonAl »

Now you've said that Liz, it could well be the cover art for a band's re-union album!

I've decided on the theme of Reflection as the next fortnight's challenge. There are a couple of ways of theming that I reckon...
liz.brownlloyd
Superior Master
Superior Master

Post by liz.brownlloyd »

Ooo I have a photographic idea and a photograph that might suit that theme - I'll try and remember to download it or upload it when I get home.
stimpsonslostson
Master of the North Wind
Master of the North Wind

Post by stimpsonslostson »

Yup, I know where that is. I snigger every time I walk past it. (and MAY have pointed it out to some of you).
There are a couple in edinburgh which I like, "Tattoo Office" meaning the military tattoo rather than the inky skin type makes me smile, "Fleshmarket leading to Cockburn" got taken down recently... shame.

Outside the Fielden Campus on Barlowmooor there is a road sign which simply states. Humps for 200m. :lol: (Some unusually bright student had painted out the S last time I saw it.)

On a similar theme:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=8 ... =670250964

I took this on Iona last year, keep meaning to get it printed.
HEY! HO! Lets go!