My Avengers Moment

The place for lots of totally unrelated chit chat!
johnriley1uk
Master of the West Wind
Master of the West Wind

My Avengers Moment

Post by johnriley1uk »

Thinking about that splendid 1960s TV series starring Patrick Macnee, not the utterly dreadful film.....

I was in Culcheth, waiting for the ladies to arrive and listening to Laurie Johnson's CD of the incidental music from The Avengers.

As I was listening, from my left came an old man pushing a shopping trolley. It was a bizarre Very English Moment when I really would not have been surprised if he had not croaked "Good morning," to the couple he was passing whilst he pulled out a revolver and shot them both, passed quietly on murmuring, "The weather could turn nasty though..." and passed out of sight.

Meanwhile the Avengers music returned from a moments clash of drama to a peaceful English Theme and the birds twittered in the background. No doubt a distant lawnmower would have completed the scene.

Hmm, I must choose my music more carefully!
stimpsonslostson
Master of the North Wind
Master of the North Wind

Re: My Avengers Moment

Post by stimpsonslostson »

Diana Rigg was the chancellor at Stirling Uni. I don't think I'll ever forgive her for merely walking down to the stage with the procession. I wanted her to abseil in from the rafters wearing her leather cat suit. (I DONT CARE THAT SHE IS GETTING ON A BIT!)

She used to give guest lectures in the english department, they were always AWESOME!
HEY! HO! Lets go!
johnriley1uk
Master of the West Wind
Master of the West Wind

Post by johnriley1uk »

That's fantastic! :-D
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Spam Filter: Yes

Post by Mike »

I saw a pigeon hop off a Virgin Pendaleno train earlier today. Not quite Avengers but very Harry Potter! :-D :lol:
Mike
-------------------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk
Also see: http://www.dragonsfoot.org