Dangerous Tyldesley?

The place for lots of totally unrelated chit chat!
johnriley1uk
Master of the West Wind
Master of the West Wind

Dangerous Tyldesley?

Post by johnriley1uk »

News from Tyldesley: suspected bomb on roof of Lidl closes off side streets. Bomb Squad called out.

Yes indeed. On the way past this morning Lidl was cordoned off, as was the access to Lodge Road and the school. On the way back later the other access from the other side was closed off but the Lidl side was clear. It appears a suspicious package on the roof of Lidl was reported as a suspected bomb.

Frankly, why anyone would want to bomb Lidl is beyond me. They must hate shopping there very much. My theory is that it must have been a hoax. I can't believe that anyone would want to really place a bomb in Tyldesley.

However, everything like that would have to be thoroughly checked out and it's a dreadful waste of police resources. Some people are so ignorant and stupid to think that hoaxing like that is funny.
Andy
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Re: Dangerous Tyldesley?

Post by Andy »

johnriley1uk wrote:News from Tyldesley: suspected bomb on roof of Lidl closes off side streets. Bomb Squad called out.

Yes indeed. On the way past this morning Lidl was cordoned off, as was the access to Lodge Road and the school.
:-0 Why couldn't they have done this on Monday morning? Damn them all! :twisted:

John, I know of many educators in Tyldesley that would like to remove Lidl from that spot.... :-?

Still, at least I can prepare myself for tomorrow safe in the knowledge that I am going to get sod all done because they will all have ''spoken'' to a ''victim'' or an ''eye-witness'' and obviously they were all ''there when it happened'' or their ''neighbour'' or ''mate'' was. Oh the joys.... :roll:

On a side note, it's mock exams tomorrow and if memory serves me correctly, my Y11 have to argue about a social issue. I wonder how many of them will include an anecdote regarding bombs supported by some horrendous facts and figures concerning TNT? Prepare yourself people, wikipedia will cease to run due to excessive usage. Oh the joys.... I can hardly wait. :roll:
"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice." Bill Cosby
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Spam Filter: Yes

Post by Mike »

Maybe they wanted to perform a lidl-optomy? I think that the educators above have just claimed responsibility! ;-)
Mike
-------------------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk
Also see: http://www.dragonsfoot.org
johnriley1uk
Master of the West Wind
Master of the West Wind

Post by johnriley1uk »

Apparently it's happened again this morning and Hazel wasn't able to get home. Tyldesley Road was closed between Lidl and Atherton.

Someone is playing silly games methinks.
Andy
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Andy »

The whole of Freddies was in ''lock-down'' today during dinner-time. The Y11 kids were restless for the whole of P4 when they were told at 12.10. Why they couldn't have been told at 1pm is beyond me or why the teacher couldn't have been told to tell them is also beyond me. Still, I am not a member of SLT.

Then the rumour circulated that we were going to work until 5pm but go home at 12 on Friday. Whoever started that one will never receive a Xmas card from me because it send the kids into hysteria. Not that they would anyway but I can't put on a public forum what I would like to say to them.

Then the rumour circulated about a body. That was fun... NOT!

To add to all this woe, during P5 it was my luck to be doing J.B.Priestley's classic play ''An Inspector Calls''. Irony wasn't lost on my M Band today.... generally good sarcasm was though so sadly the bomb references were not amusing.
"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice." Bill Cosby
johnriley1uk
Master of the West Wind
Master of the West Wind

Post by johnriley1uk »

Current info is that there was a real home made bomb today, duly deactivated.

Now the real mystery is why would anybody be so deranged, or desperate, to want to blow up anything in Atherton. Of all places....why Atherton?

Interestingly it was actually found on the street where a photographer friend of mine lives, and she's very unhappy that she was at work and missed all the excitement!

Breaking news on rileyuk.org........
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Spam Filter: Yes

Post by Mike »

The power of the internet!

Is M band full of the talented kids?
Mike
-------------------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk
Also see: http://www.dragonsfoot.org
Andy
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Andy »

johnriley1uk wrote:Current info is that there was a real home made bomb today, duly deactivated.

Now the real mystery is why would anybody be so deranged, or desperate, to want to blow up anything in Atherton. Of all places....why Atherton?
I supppose it beats Hag Fold in the cultural stakes. :-D
Andy
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Andy »

Mike wrote:Is M band full of the talented kids?
Not in English, although the talent is there as I have some regional award winners in various categories such as go-karting and disco dancing. They're the C/D borderliners so they're not without (mid to bottom A at Bedford). I like 'em, they're little tryers and although they can drive me potty they're just being themselves and I've come to the conclusion that they genuinely don't ''gerrit''.