Weird Dreams

The place for lots of totally unrelated chit chat!
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Spam Filter: Yes

Weird Dreams

Post by Mike »

Hello

I had to tell you all about my freaky dream last night. Everyone I know seemed to make a guest appearance! The place was a bit of a mix of all the places I have been and liked mashed together like a patchwork. However, in the middle of all this nicety and sunny climes there was a darkened area which seemed very stormy, it contained a substation esque building and contained 6 gas meters. It was very dilapidated and I hated having to go there, I kept putting it off in my dream!

The really, really WEIRD part was - mr_e was a small black cat! Everyone else was how they are but why on earth was mr_e a cat??????? :?: :roll:

On the plus side he was a very intelligent cat as he could speak, alice in wonderland stylie. Very odd.
Mike
-------------------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk
Also see: http://www.dragonsfoot.org
johnriley1uk
Master of the West Wind
Master of the West Wind

Post by johnriley1uk »

Funny that, I've always thought of Mr_e as a small black cat... :wink:

But seriously, these dreams can be very vivid, and the feeling of them can linger for quite a while after you awake.

Do you ever dream the same dream again? Or pick up the thread and continue a dream at some future time?
Andy
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Re: Weird Dreams

Post by Andy »

Mike wrote:The really, really WEIRD part was - mr_e was a small black cat! Everyone else was how they are but why on earth was mr_e a cat??????? :?: :roll:

On the plus side he was a very intelligent cat as he could speak, alice in wonderland stylie. Very odd.
Was he like that cat out of Sabrina the Teenage Witch? If so, cool. mr_e, your new name is Salem! :lol:
If you dreamt of Sabrina (Melissa Joan Hart), then, I would presume, it was not a nightmare!
Fez
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Fez »

i had a very weird dream a few weeks ago that a lot of you were in. you were all trying to convince me this girl i was obessesed with was bad news and i should stay the hell away from her for my own good. really weird thing is i'm positive i've never met this tattooed rock chick i was lusting after, not even briefly in passing but in the dream i was adamant she was the only girl i've ever loved.

hibbert, woody and liz were very hostile firstly toward her and then toward me the longer i refused to listen to anything bad that was said about her. john r seemed most annoyed by the fact my infatuation was getting in the way of my d&d write ups and asked me not to bother playing anymore! john and mike were advising caution, but were generally in favour of what i was doing - and alison got on with this girl like a house on fire.

oddly, i woke up just about the time an argument about this girl we were having in riley's pool club seemed to be developing into a full scale punch up between me and hibbert and woody. very strange, quite worrying in fact, i have no idea what it means.
I came, I saw, I bought the T-shirt
mr_e
Master of the East Wind
Master of the East Wind

Post by mr_e »

Woo, found my list of dreams, but these are from a while ago, transcribed word for word:
Monday, 2nd December 2002:

A church service where some people (the clergy?) were vampires. And were really strict on not speaking...these shadowy people took you away if you did. I left with someone, and we were afraid that they were following us.

In a stand-off, people in building not coming out, then they charged us; I was behind a chain-link fence, and one of the guys just stood behind it, not trying to get to us. We had no ammunition, so we fled. It was a group decision - fled to countryside behind. Building reminded me of my old science block at St. Bees.

Some ancient text read out, but the unsaid words got burnt (Like in "The Mummy" - was it a curse being read?).

Charity for me - a cake sale - which I wasn't happy about.

Some kind of dinner-party / dance (recall beautiful women there).
Wandering into an opticians looking for two men, with a dark presense following us (I think they wanted the book - related to it, anyway). Saw Liz in there - pig tails, black dress from dance - but didn't approach her. I was wearing all-black.

Someone commenting on my "nice stomach" (I'd started doing sit-ups etc. at this point)

I've noted after it that this was one of the most vivid, easy to remember sequence of dreams I have ever had. As it turns out, I can only remember the second paragraph. And I still have the original bit of tissue paper I wrote that on. Looking at it, it's slightly edited for conciseness. And how tempted was I to edit out that last paragraph.

There are another six nights worth, then I probably got freaked out after the last paragraph and stopped:
Monday, 9th December 2002:
[snip]
Kylie Minogue. Finding out some very personal details regarding her shaving habits, and trying it on with her.

Oh...my...God.
TAOWBST
Superior Master
Superior Master

Post by TAOWBST »

Fez wrote:i had a very weird dream a few weeks ago that a lot of you were in. you were all trying to convince me this girl i was obessesed with was bad news and i should stay the hell away from her for my own good. really weird thing is i'm positive i've never met this tattooed rock chick i was lusting after, not even briefly in passing but in the dream i was adamant she was the only girl i've ever loved.

hibbert, woody and liz were very hostile firstly toward her and then toward me the longer i refused to listen to anything bad that was said about her. john r seemed most annoyed by the fact my infatuation was getting in the way of my d&d write ups and asked me not to bother playing anymore! john and mike were advising caution, but were generally in favour of what i was doing - and alison got on with this girl like a house on fire.

oddly, i woke up just about the time an argument about this girl we were having in riley's pool club seemed to be developing into a full scale punch up between me and hibbert and woody. very strange, quite worrying in fact, i have no idea what it means.
Maybe you have met this person, or its someone you have met just altered appearance. Perhaps everyone being so against this person represents your own subconscious.
ProgRob
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ProgRob »

The weirdest one I can remember is doing this assault course that was similar to the 'Eliminator' from Gladiators. It started off indoors, but finished up outside in the middle of a housing estate. The last bit of the course was a slide and when I got to the bottom, my English teacher from secondary school emerged from one of the houses with a birthday cake and said 'happy birthday Rob!'

:?: :?:

Make of that what you will...
ProgRob
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ProgRob »

mr_e wrote:Monday, 9th December 2002:
[snip]
Kylie Minogue. Finding out some very personal details regarding her shaving habits, and trying it on with her.

So what did you find out then John? :wink:
Fez
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Fez »

TAOWBST wrote:Perhaps everyone being so against this person represents your own subconscious.
are you suggesting my subconscious is a girl who wears doc martin's and has green streaks in her hair? cool 8)
TAOWBST
Superior Master
Superior Master

Post by TAOWBST »

Fez wrote:
TAOWBST wrote:Perhaps everyone being so against this person represents your own subconscious.
are you suggesting my subconscious is a girl who wears doc martin's and has green streaks in her hair? cool 8)
well more like you know this person and the people advising against her are your subconscious.
Fez
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Fez »

i see. interpreting dreams is a very difficult thing to do because there is no genuine way of understanding the symbolism of what is happening; maybe my subconscious is telling me something i dare not tell myself or maybe it's all meaningless. what if this girl is another version of me, one that i'm afraid to become or one that it would be dangerous to become. it's all conjecture of course and there are probably a million and one other explanations for what it means, any which could be just as valid. it's a question with no deffinite answer.
mr_e
Master of the East Wind
Master of the East Wind

Post by mr_e »

Generally speaking, don't bother interpreting dreams, just enjoy them, or wake up if they're that bad. And it should be noted that I approve of being a cat in Mike's dream. Unless, of course, it means you view me as a highly intelligent yet subservient pet.

I freakin' loved the breathing underwater dreams I used to have. The repeatedly falling and hitting the ground ones used to be a bit wierd, though. Incidentally, does anyone revisit dream scenarios? I do that quite a lot.

Fortunately, I can't actually remember that Kylie dream. I assume the worst, though.

Am I the only one considering eating cheese before bed tonight just for the hell of it?
Andy
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Andy »

ProgRob wrote:The weirdest one I can remember is doing this assault course that was similar to the 'Eliminator' from Gladiators. It started off indoors, but finished up outside in the middle of a housing estate. The last bit of the course was a slide and when I got to the bottom, my English teacher from secondary school emerged from one of the houses with a birthday cake and said 'happy birthday Rob!'

:?: :?:

Make of that what you will...
Freaky. Maybe one day I will inhabit the dreams of my former pupils. Hmmmm, I sense a threat for not handing in homework. :wink: By the way, was that annoying Scottish referee there blowing his whistle saying ''Contender, are you ready? Three, Two, One....''
johnriley1uk
Master of the West Wind
Master of the West Wind

Post by johnriley1uk »

Incidentally, does anyone revisit dream scenarios? I do that quite a lot.
Yes, in fact I have quite a detailed "alternate world" in my dreams, sometimes so realistic it is quite extraordinary. I like dreaming, and do so most nights. The most intense dreams linger into wakefullness, and very pleasant too.

We obviously need to dream so we might as well enjoy it!
mr_e
Master of the East Wind
Master of the East Wind

Post by mr_e »

Ah, yes, who can forget the wake up then go back to sleep and have really lucid dreams trick? Apparently you're more likely to have dreams then, because your brain's more awake, especially the full lucid (ie. all senses available, you control the dream) ones. I really want to have one of those, although I'd probably abuse it for sinister purposes.

I must abmit, I don't have an interlinked alternate world as such, more of several seperate places I revisit. The alternate world I am impressed with!