The Guest Book

A guest book for you to sign in passing. Let us know if you liked the site.
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Spam Filter: Yes

The Guest Book

Post by Mike »

Hello Guests,

Just pop a quick message here if you liked the site!

Thanks for visiting,

Mike
Mike
-------------------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk
Also see: http://www.dragonsfoot.org
liz.brownlloyd
Superior Master
Superior Master

Hello

Post by liz.brownlloyd »

Not very good at guestbooks without resorting to waffle - I thought the site was very interesting and will enjoy reading the additions over the coming months. I'm very glad there are very few photographs of me - not exactly photogenic, better in the flesh! And that is not an exscuse to put more on Mr. Riley!

Well keep up the good work!
Liz xxx
johnriley1uk
Master of the West Wind
Master of the West Wind

Post by johnriley1uk »

Like the site, keep posting pictures!
Fez
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Fez »

Have just arrived here from the darklands of Dragonsfoot, eager to check out what my best mate is up to on his own private website. Interesting stuff, I had no idea you had to be such a nerd to study architecture.

Also shocked to find my own pale visage in the photography section - why has nobody told me I have such a small head and spidery little fingers! Agh! Why aren't there any pictures of me sober? And what am I and Hibbert doing at 2004's New Year bash - I thought he was engaged!

Have to agree with Liz about wanting as few pictures of her as possible! Only joking luv...please don't hurt me...

Anyway, really wanted to mock the amateurish nature of the site until I realised its all very professional; curses!
I came, I saw, I bought the T-shirt
Chrissie
Master
Master

Post by Chrissie »

the site is v. cool! loving the new photies from the Ball, it all seems sooo long ago, didn't we all look luverly!

:wink:
Claire
Superior Master
Superior Master

Post by Claire »

Waddup Mike, cool forum.....I'm sorry my mind's a bit boggled - preparing for meetings in school tomorrow all afternoon!
roydavis63
Novice
Novice

Hello

Post by roydavis63 »

I am allegedly related to another member of the forum, and feel privileged to join you all.

Talk to me about railways, classical music, canals, motorcycles and how things used to be much better than they are now.

I am rapidly metamorphosing into a grumpy old man.

Best wishes to you all,

Roy
Fez
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Re: Hello

Post by Fez »

roydavis63 wrote:Talk to me about railways
i like you already!
Andy
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Andy »

roydavis63 wrote:Talk to me about railways, classical music, canals, motorcycles and how things used to be much better than they are now.

I am rapidly metamorphosing into a grumpy old man.
Fantastic stuff. Just out of interest, your not the bloke who lives next door to me with the huge shed are you because he likes all that stuff and is called Roy. Who are you allegedly related to?
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

roydavis63 wrote:I am allegedly related to another member of the forum, and feel privileged to join you all.
Allegedly! :lol:

Welcome aboard, have fun here!
Mike
roydavis63
Novice
Novice

Feel welcome already

Post by roydavis63 »

I feel welcome already!

Railways
I am planning to take Mrs Davis on a trip to the Foxfield Railway near Stoke on Trent in a few weeks time, has anyone been there? is it worth visiting? "Steam Rules ok!!"
Classical Music
The choir I belong to is practising Handel's Messiah.
Canals
Has anyone been to the Anderton Boat Lift? There's plenty of subjects for photography enthusiasts.
Motorcycles
If I can sneak it past Mrs D. I hope to acquire a Honda 90 this year "I'm not proud!!"
How things used to be much better
School caps, rice pudding, open fires, women in stockings. I rest my case.

Andy, my shed has a green tarpaulin over the roof, to keep out the leaks, does this sound familiar?
Fez
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Fez »

i've not been to foxfield for a number of years but if my questionable memory serves correct it is certainly worth visiting, particularly if the weather is favourable though obviously this applies to almost everything in life. can't remember off the top of my head what their fleet of steam is like, but i am of the opinion any steam engine from the smallest industrial tank to the big flying scottish green one beats any deisel hands down...on saying that i have always had a soft spot for deltics and hymeks...westerns too - but not skipper units. i have to draw the line somewhere
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I have never visited the Anderton Boat lift but it does look like an interesting day out! You will have to let us know if it is worth the visit.
Mike
Lizzie
Superior Master
Superior Master

Post by Lizzie »

Hello Roy - welcome to the Forum.

The Anderton boat lift is supposed to be well worth a visit. The historical society my parents belong to went there last year and said it was very interesting. :D
Andy
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Re: Feel welcome already

Post by Andy »

roydavis63 wrote:Andy, my shed has a green tarpaulin over the roof, to keep out the leaks, does this sound familiar?
Alas no, the man next to me is a shed fanatic - you could call him a shedologist - he is constantly preserving his shed, improving it, etc. In fact, he has turned me into a fan of sheds - I spot them everywhere I go now. I was most displeased when Rowenna, my fiance, said that we couldn't have a shed. However, she compromised and allowed me to use the garage instead! Woohoo!

By the way, Handel's Messiah is one of my favourite pieces of music. I learnt it on the cornet years ago. It was a bugger of a piece - took me six months to get it sounding anything like it should do!