Blazing Saddles

Reviews of all kinds go here Cinema, Film, Books, Music; you know it, review it!
Fez
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Blazing Saddles

Post by Fez »

i adore this film. it's a western written by mel brooks and richard pryor, its got gene wilder and cleavon little in the lead roles, and the fantastically named slim pickens and madeline kahn supporting. the plot doesn't matter, just sit back watch as the film moves from one set of bizarre gags to the next without pause, beginning in a wild-west town and ending in a riot through warner brothers' studios. it may not always be subtle, it may not always have good taste, but its bloody funny.

5S
I came, I saw, I bought the T-shirt
Andy
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Andy »

For me this is pure comedy gold right from the beginning. My dad bought it for me when I was 13 and allowed me to watch it - a rarity in my house and I watched it over and over again in the ensuing weeks. I still find the ''fart scene'' hilarious, Mongo's touching ''Mongo is just a pawn in game of life'' has me in stitches every time and the ''harumph'' bit is quality! (watch them in the context of the film). The plot is full of amazing one liners that are laugh-out-loud funny.

Part of my love of this film stems from the fact that it couldn't be made today and I'm so glad that it did.
I harumph that I can only give it 5S as it would like to have given it more! Harumph!
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Spam Filter: Yes

Post by Mike »

I was pretty tired when I watched this and thought it was quite funny but not side splittingly so. All in all 3S / 4S - better try and roll out those half stars as a priority! :D
Mike
-------------------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk
Also see: http://www.dragonsfoot.org