The New Doctor Who

The place for lots of totally unrelated chit chat!

The New Doctor Who was

Excellent
33%
Promising but good
67%
Fair
No votes

Total votes: 12

Andy
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Andy »

Mike wrote:You mean Spike and Riley (sorry could not resist!) dont get your vote? :shock:
Always knew you were a desperate wannabe and a fame-hugger but that is low! :wink: Very low! :wink: Lower than LOW!!!! :wink:

Rowenna says that she prefers Giles to Riley. Rather worrying that.
Lizzie
Superior Master
Superior Master

Post by Lizzie »

It's also worrying that she chose Giles over Angel !!
Andy
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Andy »

She likes Angel but he disappeared after a couple of series. She likes her man to stick around!
Fez
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Fez »

but he had a whole 5 series to himself after that - which oddly i prefered over buffy because the stories were better, and because there's something irrestible about dave in that long black coat billowing around as he walks manfully away staring thoughtfully into the middle distance...
I came, I saw, I bought the T-shirt
Andy
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Andy »

Fez wrote:but he had a whole 5 series to himself after that - which oddly i prefered over buffy because the stories were better, and because there's something irrestible about dave in that long black coat billowing around as he walks manfully away staring thoughtfully into the middle distance...
what a nice erotic insight into your troubled mind Fez.

The thing is with Angel is that it was better for me but the time that it came out on was inconvenient me and Rowenna for some reason I have forgotten. After that, we tried to watch it but we had missed too much.
Andy
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Andy »

I personally enjoyed the last two episodes. I thought the parallel world was an interesting concept - Moorcock's Multiverse and all that jazz.

The cybermen were cool - much better than I anticipated. Lumic, Trig from Only Fools and Horses (I think), was also a good character and one that I felt could have been exploited more. Some ''Mad Lumic Moments'' would have been fantastic - one man in a wheelchair leading hundreds of cybermen over the Watford Gap to oblitorate Birmingham would have a wonderful addition to this story :lol: Sod all to do with the plot, I know, but it would have been fun!

Tennant was good in the first one but not as wonderful in the second one - but then again the second episode will possibly always be my favourite for the one moment that the producers actually listened to the audience - they got rid of Mickey! WooHoo! For one horrible moment I actually thought the Doctor was going to take Mickey and that kid from Byker Grove and CBBC with him. But he didn't. My viewing pleasure on a Saturday night just increased!

Please let them never find this world again - I know it is a virtual impossibility but the producers may decide to make it possible.
johnriley1uk
Master of the West Wind
Master of the West Wind

Post by johnriley1uk »

It becomes possible if you reverse the polarity of the neutron flow...But don't tell the Doctor that, he may do it.

:wink:
mr_e
Master of the East Wind
Master of the East Wind

Post by mr_e »

Best ending of a show ever. We'll miss you Micky! *snigger*

Rest of it was quite cool, I love the idea of zeppellins cruising over London. The Cybermen I'm not too keen on having around, though. Electrocuting people and whatnot, little blighters.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
My annual NYE song
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Spam Filter: Yes

Post by Mike »

Good episode, would like to see them back to back so the memory of details does not fade in the interveening space. Otherwise was also glad of Micky deciding to stay on a parallel universe. Good job lad! :P
Mike
-------------------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk
Also see: http://www.dragonsfoot.org
Andy
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Andy »

johnriley1uk wrote:It becomes possible if you reverse the polarity of the neutron flow...But don't tell the Doctor that, he may do it.

:wink:
Sssssshhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we got away with it, but whatever you do, don't mention the neutron flow!!
Andy
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Andy »

I always thought Maureen Lipman was evil.
Overall, good concept again, good acting again, no disappointments.

One thing that I am really enjoying about this series is the amount of fun that the costume department are having. I genuinely like the fact that Tennant's outfit doesn't change and only his hairstyle/accent does. I loved his hair on this one! What I also love is that Billie Piper gets to wear some absolute corkers of outfits, real iconic stuff - her dress really epitomised that time period. Wonderful stuff.
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I missed this weeks episode but I am getting disturbed by the number of people trying to mind control everyone. It seems to be a bit of a recuring theme at the moment and they need to move on to another story!

Mike
Mike
mr_e
Master of the East Wind
Master of the East Wind

Post by mr_e »

I too missed the last episode. I'm disturbed by the fact one of the recurring themes seems to be the inevitability of death. Damn morbid scriptwriters. And there does seem to be a lot of mind control around too...
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
My annual NYE song
johnriley1uk
Master of the West Wind
Master of the West Wind

Post by johnriley1uk »

I'm disturbed by the fact one of the recurring themes seems to be the inevitability of death.
It's a fact of life. :(
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Oh no someone else is being morbid now!
Mike