The New Doctor Who

The place for lots of totally unrelated chit chat!

The New Doctor Who was

Excellent
33%
Promising but good
67%
Fair
No votes

Total votes: 12

Andy
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Andy »

Mike wrote:Oh no someone else is being morbid now!
Stop complaining, you'll only make us see deeper into the black chasm that is living.
Andy
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Andy »

I did not like this weeks episode. I thought it was by far the worst one so far. I actually do agree with Mike now that this ''everyone is going to die'' storyline is beginning to bore me.

Some of the acting from the co-stars was poor as well and Tennant wasn't given enough chance to truly perform as he has done - there was a distinct lack of humour this week which was very depressing. I know they had a mood to created but a bit of light-hearted one-liners in there would not have gone amiss.

The Ood were a poor modern T.V. version of the Cybermen. They reminded me of that pink thing from Futurama with a B+Q light fitting stuck in their mouth - very weird - what the hell were the BBC thinking when that was presented to them. (*Yes, that looks great!?!?!?!) I would have been thinking ''WTF? Design something decent!''

Maybe it will improve next week but I doubt it. I hope it does though.
Andy
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Andy »

Just read in The Times that Billie Piper has decided that she will leave the show at the end of the series. Apparently, there will be a big climax where the cybermen decide to come down and launch a massive invasion of eatch - I bet that Mickey is involved somewhere along the bloody line!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil:

The Times was very complimentary about Billie Piper saying that she had ''tapped into a generation of young fans and made it cool for girls''. She has got offers from Hollywood and Russel T. Davies expects big things of her in the next five years.

I wonder who they wil get in to replace her.
mr_e
Master of the East Wind
Master of the East Wind

Post by mr_e »

I have just had the most disturbing vision of Pete from the current series of Big Brother playing the doctor. Where the hell did that come from!?

I think I may be getting this series on DVD, seeing as I've once again missed half of it.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
My annual NYE song
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Spam Filter: Yes

Post by Mike »

I think that my Dad will probably get the next series on DVD so I think I will watch them all with him at some point!
Mike
-------------------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk
Also see: http://www.dragonsfoot.org
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Tonights episode was rather touching. I rather suspected that Rose Tyler was not going to die in the Physical sense of the word. It was very good. I am now looking forward to the Christmas Special!

Yay David Tennant, who would have thought that Christopher Ecclestone could have shouch a powerful heir?!
Mike
johnriley1uk
Master of the West Wind
Master of the West Wind

Post by johnriley1uk »

Very touching indeed. I'm sorry to see Rose Tyler leave, but glad they didn't really kill her off.

A great finish to a fine series.
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

They have left the option open for Rose to return if her career bombs! :D
Mike
Andy
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Andy »

mr_e wrote:I have just had the most disturbing vision of Pete from the current series of Big Brother playing the doctor. Where the hell did that come from!?
Just now got a strange mental image of the Daleks going ''exterminate, exterminate'' and Pete walking towards them going ''wankers, wankers'' in a mimicing voice. Not good
*mental note to self - exterminate mr_e for this image.
mr_e
Master of the East Wind
Master of the East Wind

Post by mr_e »

It could be worse, I could list some of the wierder dreams I've had in that thread. I may petition Channel 4 to make Pete do some kind of Doctor Who spoof scene to see just how terrible it would be. Certainly a...different take on the good Doctor.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
My annual NYE song
Andy
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Andy »

My goodness, I had to go back to page 3 to find this thread!

Anyway, Catherine Tate was in it last night and I wasn't a fan of her acting ability. I know she was supposed to be annoyed but I found her performance almost cringing and based too much on 'Lauren' her 'bovrd?' character. I thanked the heavens when I had heard she turned it down and I think I was justified on last night's showing. There was no chemistry between her and the Doctor - which begs the question, is Billie Piper almost irreplaceable?

The storyline was OK but not that original. For some reason I was also disappointed that the Daleks were back. True, they are a staple diet as far as the Doctor on BBC1 is concerned but I wish they could create a new race that became as cult and didn't look like a ''model stuck on a scorpion with devil's horns'' as the latest 'monster' did today. If they are going to follow this basic script then I hope they set them in some good settings this season - the Shakespeare one looked interesting but will probably disappoint. The one I liked a lot was the one set in France with that lady - now that was a good episode and possible cult monsters in my opinion.

On a more positive note, his new assistant looks fit but that might have been the alcohol clouding my view.
Fez
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Fez »

Andy wrote:On a more positive note, his new assistant looks fit but that might have been the alcohol clouding my view.
this could apply to any situation!
I came, I saw, I bought the T-shirt
johnriley1uk
Master of the West Wind
Master of the West Wind

Post by johnriley1uk »

Not the best ever episode perhaps, but David Tennant put in a strong performance and the previews at the end were very promising.

I thought Catherine Tate was OK but not exceptional, and after Billie Piper I think we need exceptional to be the norm.

4S
Andy
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Andy »

Fez wrote:
Andy wrote:On a more positive note, his new assistant looks fit but that might have been the alcohol clouding my view.
this could apply to any situation!
True, don't wear that little black number again when I am drinking, my reactions scare me, I could barely restrain myself :shock:
johnriley1uk wrote:the previews at the end were very promising.
I agree with you there. I just hope though that they are not the best bits and that there are some really interesting concepts this time because they are paid enough and given enough money to create it.
Fez
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Fez »

Andy wrote:True, don't wear that little black number again when I am drinking, I could barely restrain myself
i say if you've got it, flaunt it! with legs like mine, who can resist? :shock:
I came, I saw, I bought the T-shirt