Live From Manchester!

Reviews of all kinds go here Cinema, Film, Books, Music; you know it, review it!
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Spam Filter: Yes

Post by Mike »

I think Lizzie wanted to go to that gig. Rather obviously she decided against it in the end! What a co-incidence. :D
Mike
-------------------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk
Also see: http://www.dragonsfoot.org
Lizzie
Superior Master
Superior Master

Post by Lizzie »

Nope - I didn't want to go to that gig, I wanted to go to the NME tour !! Far more my cup of tea !!

Not sure if we can go now, though, as we might have a previous engagement.
Andy
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Andy »

Fez wrote:i've had an idea for another thread - who would you must liked to be groped by in an enclosed space? reasons why don't have to be included as they might very well be obvious!
That is quite a good idea but the possible answers are numerous
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Spam Filter: Yes

Post by Mike »

Funny, I thought you were talking about the headline act on the leaflet. . . . oh well never mind. We are not supposed to listen to each other or understand the written word. . . . :D
Mike
-------------------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk
Also see: http://www.dragonsfoot.org
Fez
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Fez »

i have booked a ticket to see the bronx again when they swing back to this country supporting rise against on thursday 10th may. it will be at the academy 3 and if the guys are only half as good as they were at the kerrang tour it will still be one of the best damn shows all year! it's deffinately not a gig for everyone purely because of the hardcore/punk line up on the bill, but some of you who aren't afraid of a bit of sweat and barely harnessed chaos should get a kick out of it. any takers?
I came, I saw, I bought the T-shirt
Fez
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Fez »

eagles of death metal
manchester academy
03/03/2007

well, i asked you all repeatedly if you wanted to come to this show so let me just state for the record you have all missed out on the best gig manchester and probably the planet will see all year, and your lives will be all the poorer for it. this was a truly incrediable gig of sex n' roll for a solid hour and a half that didn't let up for a moment and will remain in the memory of me and everyone else who went for decades to come. it was simply that good.

aside from the fantastic music, it was a treat to see frontman jesse blown away by the adjulation from the audience and the noise that erupted every time he went near the mike. it was practically a religious experience of collective worship at the alter of rock, and if you weren't there you will never know what salvation feels like.

5S 5S and they deserve all of them
mr_e
Master of the East Wind
Master of the East Wind

Post by mr_e »

I must confess, I'd forgotten it was March they were playing. Ho hum. Good to hear they're spot on live, and that has to be one of the best pictures ever.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
My annual NYE song
Fez
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Fez »

going to see the misfits again in september - saturday 29th - should be a good night out but i wanna be closer to the stage this time. anyone wanna come? manchester academy £20 a ticket.

plus, november; alice cooper, motorhead and joan jett at the men arena - this will be great i can promise you that. if tickets are still available, about £30, you should get one!

huge week for gigs coming up for me as well - which is why i can't come to pool this thursday - but i'll tell you more once i've been to the shows...
Fez
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Fez »

shit, just remembered i'm already booked for the 29th and i bought the bloody ticket as well :cry:
mr_e
Master of the East Wind
Master of the East Wind

Post by mr_e »

If they sell out, you can always flog the tickets on ebay. There's a lot of people who make good money from doing that (Cirque Du Soleil are a good little earner, judging from what I've seen).
My annual NYE song
Fez
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Fez »

i've hit upon a solution so i can go and see the misfits and attend mike and lizzie's do after they very selfishly decided to get married on the same day [only joking!]. this could be real fun so pay attention - on saturday 22nd september the misfits are at rock city in nottingham, so how about making a weekend of it? go down saturday morning to check out whatever sights there are to see, go to the gig, stay in a travellodge or something, come back sunday afternoon, maybe later. it's the misfits 30th anniversery this year so missing it isn't an idea i'm willing to entertain. anyone interested in going and starting a ne thread probably called 'live in nottingham'?
mr_e
Master of the East Wind
Master of the East Wind

Post by mr_e »

The 22nd is technically my birthday, but that doesn't mean I can't go down to Nottingham for it. I'd be quite willing to postpone any celebrations until, say, after the wedding, or do something the week before (is that also your birthday, Fez?). It's not like it's a landmark birthday for me, so I'd definitely consider it.
My annual NYE song
Fez
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Fez »

gig tickets are still £20 and the travelodge [£55 for a double room, for some reason couldn't get an on-line quote for a single] is within walking distance of the centre which is where i assume rock city is, its also close to the trainstation if we went down that way, there's a bus service that goes past the hotel straight to the centre or, as i have just [literally] ordered sat nav for the car, we could drive in and out - but i wouldn't want to drive to the gig because saturday; drinking! and we might as well see what nightlife the place has to offer. it is my birthday the week before as it happens so that's even more reason to go!
mr_e
Master of the East Wind
Master of the East Wind

Post by mr_e »

There's one thing I want to sort before the end of the month, then I'll consider booking tickets (planning something for my mother's birthday, may clash).
My annual NYE song
Fez
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Fez »

bryan adams / group unknown
manchester arena

it may come as a shock to none of you that i don't care much for fashion and trends, so i have no problem admitting that i like bryan adams and don't care if i get thrown out of punksville for admitting it. okay, its rock that musically is workman-like and lyrically a bit cliched, but there are some stand out songs that i can't help but thinking i wouldn't feel so guilty about liking if i was twenty years older.

starting and ending the show on a mini stage in the middle of the audience standing area was a great way of giving the big arena an intimate feel, and the covers of some little heard 1950s rock n' roll numbers showed bryan does know how to sing about sex without getting bogged down in icky distractions like emotions or relationships and all that touchy-feely rubbish.

however, dragging a girl from the crowd to sing spice girl mel c's lines from that duet was a bit of a miss - she was a genuine scouser [much to the annoyance of the mancs] but her voice was designed to scare pigeons and not serenade a loved one. surprisingly, that song from the robin hood film wasn't as stomach-churningly vile as i was expecting, and dropping it into the show early on was probably a good idea. and what a show it was - two and half hours long and although it never really peaked for a cynical git like me, i've got to admit i've seen a hell of a lot worse.

group unknown [support band] 3S – didn’t catch the name of this old fashioned 40s style rock n’ roll band, but any group that can boast stand-up bass and two saxophonist are okay by me

bryan adams 3S – i’ve seen better and i’ve seen much worse, but this was honest pop-rock aimed at people like my parents and on that score the audience were delirious – and i had fun too.