Intro Page to Site

Any site suggestions? Feedback? I am always looking for improvements!
johnriley1uk
Master of the West Wind
Master of the West Wind

Intro Page to Site

Post by johnriley1uk »

The opening page on the site looks a bit empty - lots of blue with nothing in it. How about a picture of you, a picture by you or a bit of artwork? 8)
mr_e
Master of the East Wind
Master of the East Wind

Post by mr_e »

I respectfully request that no picture of Mike is ever put anywhere except the gallery section and his cv. I imagine Mike will have something super special in store for us once he masters Flash.
Fez
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Fez »

I'm in full agreement with Mr E on the possiblilty of a picture of Mike being used on the opening page - the horror of the idea can be seen in its full obscene misjudgement by visiting http://www.michaelriley.com where the owner of that site has put a picture of his own cheesey visage as the opening presumably to scar away anyone unlucky enough to go there by mistake.

The current opener to this site is a little cold, at least the original had some sort of pleasantness to it even if it was a bit bland. How about a picture of some naked chicks, that'll draw thousands of hits to the site - people love baby chickens...
I came, I saw, I bought the T-shirt
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Spam Filter: Yes

Re: Intro Page to Site

Post by Mike »

johnriley1uk wrote:The opening page on the site looks a bit empty - lots of blue with nothing in it. How about a picture of you, a picture by you or a bit of artwork? 8)
That is interesting - there is a picture on the front page. Is it not appearing on dial up connections? If not I need to reduce the resulution of the image so it will load faster. Dreamweaver claims that the image / page should load in 1 second.
Fez & mr_e wrote:ParaphrasedThe image of Mike
No fear there. I am leaving as many photos of me off this site as humanly possible. Any that do appear will only be in the gallery section.

Mike
PS Gotta love the cheesy grin of 'Michael Riley' on http://www.michaelriley.com! I think he may not be me btw - despite the same name.
Mike
-------------------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk
Also see: http://www.dragonsfoot.org
johnriley1uk
Master of the West Wind
Master of the West Wind

Post by johnriley1uk »

Call me impatient, then! If I wait and let it load, there is indeed an image, and a very fine one as well.

Most sites do load more quickly, so I guess the image could be reduced in file size, but no doubt it will not be a probelm with Broadband.
mr_e
Master of the East Wind
Master of the East Wind

Post by mr_e »

Something's freaky with that front page. I noticed it took a few seconds to load for me and did a quick investigation: although it says 2KB on the web page, the actual image if I save it to my hard disk is 96KB, about 20 seconds on a 56k modem. Which is slightly different.
Fez
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Fez »

I'm a little confused - I thought everyone had seen the rendering picture of...whatever the hell that thing is on the opening page. It's on immediately when I come to the site - still think it looks cold though. Too much blue for my liking, reminds me of a wintery afternoon in Morecombe
I came, I saw, I bought the T-shirt
johnriley1uk
Master of the West Wind
Master of the West Wind

Post by johnriley1uk »

Once I let it load, it came up straight away after that, every time. What a good memory my computer has.... 8)

Re: Intro Page to Site

Post by Guest »

[quote= Mike]Dreamweaver claims that the image / page should load in 1 second.
[/quote]

I think we all know Dreamweaver is a liar :roll: