tea

Reviews of all kinds go here Cinema, Film, Books, Music; you know it, review it!
Fez
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

tea

Post by Fez »

an interesting substance which is quite versatile in the limited terms of a hot beverage, this is apparently a mainstay of british life although it is actually grown from tea plants found chiefly in india, though not exclusively so. sold to the filthy masses in small satchels which rather than being eaten should be soaked in boiling water to release the flavour, the uncomplicated tea bag is a highly evolved invention that allows the taste to be adjusted to the drinkers wishes by way of simply leaving it to infuse the water over a period of time, though unfortunately the process is not reversible if the flavour becomes too strong for delicate palettes. remarkably, other suitable ingredients can be added to enhance the delight of the drinking process still further including milk and sugar, although research for this review suggests gravy and curry powder would be ill advised.

unfortunately, tea does have several marks against it, including most prominently that it gradually becomes colder over time and many additional items besides a packet of tea bags will be needed for preparation before drinking can begin. these comprise a supply of water, milk and sugar as required, a kettle, tea pot, mugs and spoons. however, assuming many kitchens will feature these condiments already, this is a small complaint for what is otherwise an excellent product.

5S highly recommended
I came, I saw, I bought the T-shirt
Andy
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Andy »

used to like it in the early 80s but then my gran switched us all over to Tetleys because it was cheaper and it was never the same.

For me 0S

Apart from if you drink it at Reids Hotel and then it becomes 5S mainly because of the history, view and service.

However, coffee..... is a staple part of my drinking requirements of any break time.
mr_e
Master of the East Wind
Master of the East Wind

Post by mr_e »

Is anyone sufficiently up on their teas to do a style-by-style review? Green tea, chai, earl grey etc...
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
My annual NYE song
johnriley1uk
Master of the West Wind
Master of the West Wind

Post by johnriley1uk »

Tea should be enjoyed black. No milk, no sugar, just the delightful experience of the infusion.

PG Tips lifts the soul in the morning, the slightly bitter flavour re-energising the jaded palate in readiness for the day ahead.

Earl Grey, with its delicate addition of bergamot, excites and arouses the higher senses at lunch time or for afternoon tea.

Evening is, sadly perhaps, the territory of coffee, strong and dark....

Tea is also excellent for the purpose of assisting ailing Time Lords to regenerate...

5S
Andy
Master of the South Wind
Master of the South Wind

Post by Andy »

Arise the Sir Jilly Goolden of Teas!!!

I pay homage to your knowledge (rather a cool rhyme that I didn't actually intend :shock: )
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Spam Filter: Yes

Post by Mike »

Lady Grey is also a nice variety of tea. It has the same herb flavour as Earl Grey with a hint of orange over the top. Very good afternoon tea. 5S

Lapsang Souchong - This famous black tea hails from China's Fukian province and is noted for its distinctive smoky essence. Very strong and not for the faint hearted! 4S
Mike
-------------------------------------
http://www.rileyuk.co.uk
Also see: http://www.dragonsfoot.org